This Chicken Soup recipe is a classic and comforting one-pot meal that’s easy to make. This soup is made with a few simple ingredients: chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and herbs. It’s a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This Chicken Soup recipe is really simple to put together and only takes about 45 minutes to make. Here’s how to make it:
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, oregano, and smoked paprika. Stir and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, chicken broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve the soup hot. Enjoy!
This Chicken Soup recipe is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and protein. It’s low in calories and fat, but packed with flavor and nutrition. One serving of this soup contains about:
- 120 calories
- 4 grams of fat
- 17 grams of protein
- 6 grams of carbohydrates
- 2 grams of fiber
- 2 grams of sugar
- 250 milligrams of sodium
This soup is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, and calcium. It’s a great meal to add to your weekly meal plan. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
There are a few tips and tricks that can help you make the perfect Chicken Soup. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, you can substitute dried herbs for this recipe. Just use half as much of the dried herbs as you would the fresh herbs.
- If you want a heartier soup, you can add cooked quinoa or brown rice to the soup. Just add it at the end and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- If you want to add more vegetables to the soup, feel free to add your favorites. Just make sure to add them at the beginning and let them cook for a few minutes before adding the broth.
- If you want to make this soup vegetarian, you can substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- This soup freezes well, so feel free to make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for later.
This Chicken Soup is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a few simple sides. Here are a few ideas:
- Serve it with a side of crusty bread for dipping.
- Top it with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve it with a side salad for a light and healthy meal.
- Serve it with some cooked noodles for a heartier meal.
- Serve it with some cooked rice for a filling meal.
This Chicken Soup recipe is an easy and delicious meal that’s perfect for any night of the week. It’s packed with flavor and nutrition and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s also a great meal to make ahead and freeze for later. Give this recipe a try and enjoy!