Chicken fried chicken is a classic dish that has been around for generations. It’s a comfort food that many people have grown up eating and still enjoy today. This simple dish is made by coating chicken pieces with a batter, then deep-frying them until golden brown and crispy. This chicken fried chicken recipe is a great way to get your family to enjoy a classic dish. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you’ll have a delicious meal on the table in no time.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
• 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon of paprika
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• ½ teaspoon of black pepper
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of milk
• Vegetable oil, for frying
• Optional: Hot sauce, for serving
• Optional: Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Place the chicken strips in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
2. In a third bowl, mix together the eggs and milk.
3. Dip each chicken strip in the flour mixture, making sure to coat both sides. Shake off any excess flour.
4. Dip the floured chicken strips in the egg and milk mixture.
5. Dip the chicken back in the flour mixture, making sure to coat both sides. Shake off any excess flour.
6. Pour the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken strips and fry them for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Remove the chicken strips from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
8. Serve the chicken strips with hot sauce, if desired. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
This recipe makes four servings. Each serving contains approximately 380 calories, 17 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates, and 40 grams of protein.
Tips and Tricks
When frying the chicken, be sure to keep an eye on it. You don’t want it to burn or get too dark. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
If you’re looking to make this dish a little bit healthier, try baking the chicken instead of frying it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
This recipe is very versatile and can be modified to suit your tastes. Try adding some seasonings to the flour mixture for extra flavor. Some great additions are chili powder, cumin, or even some dried herbs.
If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, try using different types of milk. Almond milk, coconut milk, and even oat milk all work great in this recipe.
You can also try using different types of flour. Whole wheat flour, almond flour, and even chickpea flour all work great in this recipe.
Chicken fried chicken is a classic dish that is sure to please everyone. It’s easy to make and can be customized to fit your tastes. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time. So the next time you’re in the mood for a comfort food classic, try out this chicken fried chicken recipe.