Adobo is a popular and delicious Filipino dish that is made with chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns. The dish is usually served with rice and a side dish of vegetables. It is a flavorful and easy to make dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is also a great way to use up leftovers, as the chicken can be cooked in advance and then added to the sauce when ready to serve. In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide to making the best chicken adobo recipe.
To make the best chicken adobo recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the best chicken adobo recipe, follow these instructions:
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, white vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the chicken adobo over steamed rice and enjoy!
One serving of this best chicken adobo recipe provides approximately:
- Calories: 437
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 990 mg
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the best chicken adobo recipe:
- You can use chicken breasts instead of thighs if you prefer.
- If you don’t have white vinegar, you can use apple cider vinegar instead.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of soy sauce and vinegar to suit your taste.
- You can also add other ingredients such as onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms to the dish.
- For a spicier version, add a few tablespoons of chopped jalapenos to the sauce.
- Leftover chicken adobo can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The best way to enjoy this delicious chicken adobo recipe is to serve it with a side of steamed white rice or cauliflower rice. You can also serve it with a side of steamed vegetables such as broccoli or asparagus. For a light and refreshing side dish, try serving it with a simple salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers. For a more substantial meal, add a side of roasted potatoes or a crusty bread.
The best chicken adobo recipe is an easy and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is a great way to use up leftovers, as the chicken can be cooked in advance and then added to the sauce when ready to serve. With just a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can whip up a delicious and nutritious meal that will have everyone coming back for seconds. So, the next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal to make, give this best chicken adobo recipe a try!